Associate Graphic Designer
This position is immediate and will work with our creative team in the planning and production of Jump!'s books. Developing our books requires an aptitude for clean and colorful design, as well as an eye for selecting captivating photographs that support the text on the page. Work will include the management of photo research, photo editing, book design and layout, file prep for print production, and generally supporting editorial and marketing deadlines.
Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Graphic Design
- Adobe Creative Suite (CS5 and CS6/Creative Cloud) with proficiency in InDesign & Photoshop
- Great eye for selecting captivating images
- Web development, ebook conversion skills, or experience in children’s book publishing will give candidates an edge
- Willingness to work hard and have fun in a small and growing company
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Profit sharing
Founded in 2012, Jump! is an independent children's book company publishing nonfiction with a focus on high-interest subjects for beginning and struggling readers. Our books combine carefully leveled text with vibrant design and captivating photography to draw readers into the subject and encourage reading success. In 2018, Publishers Weekly named Jump! one of the top ten fastest growing independent publishers in the country.