Over 250 Jump! titles are available as web-hosted eBooks. Integrating our eBooks into your school or library is simple, and unlimited user access insures Jump!’s low-level nonfiction is available to all your students, all the time. All hosted eBooks are sold as five year, multi-user site licenses. Features include:
- 24/7 access
- Unlimited simultaneous users
- Keyword search, bookmarks, note taking, and reporting tools
- MARC records available
- Accessible on any computer or iPad
For a free 30-day trial, please click here.
How to Purchase
After we receive your order, we‘ll email you a short form to fill out. The form asks for your contact information as well as for the usernames and passwords you would like to use to access your titles. Once you submit the form, we’ll prepare your eBook account and send back your official credentials to access your titles.
How Do I Access my eBooks?
All of Jump!'s eBooks are hosted by Big Timber Media. Big Timber is a digital hosting center whose mission is to support and provide eBooks to schools and libraries. You can access your eBooks by going to http://my.bigtimbermedia.com and entering your unique username and password.
There are also options available that allow students to avoid having to log-in to access the eBooks. These two options are “IP Authentication” and “Referring URL Authentication,” which you can choose when filling out the contact information form.
What Do You Mean by IP Authentication?
An IP address is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer) participating in a computer network. If we add your school’s IP address to your account, students who access your Jump! library from the school building will automatically be logged in and will not have to enter a username and password.
- IP authentication is not an access option for schools in districts that use a shared public IP address. If you are unsure, please consult your technical staff.
- IP authentication does not work when students access eBooks from home.
What do you mean by Referring URL Authentication?
If your school has a secure password-protected site or online catalog, we can put the URL of your site on our list of approved URLs. Then, any time a student clicks on a link to our eBooks from your website they will automatically be logged in--regardless of whether they are at school or at home.
- The referring URL must be a password-protected site that is accessible only by students that attend your school building or patrons of your library branch. Our books are sold as a site-license and cannot be accessed by other schools in your district.
- Table of contents
- Keyword search
- Add bookmarks
- Zooming, thumbnail and full screen viewing capabilities
- Slideshow functionality (pages turn for you)
- iOS Compatible including the iPad, iPhone, iPod;
- Android-based devices that support Flash, including the Kindle Fire and Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet.
- SMART board compatible.
(The eBooks are not compatible with eInk-based eReading devices, including the Kindle Touch and the Nook reader.)